Frugal Experiments has joined forces with I Give U Get Giveaways and several other blogs (see the bottom of this post for all the participating blogs) to bring you the Summer Blog Tour 2011. At each stop along this tour you will find great summer themed giveaways!
I am giving 5 gently read books to one winner, for their summer reading pleasure. All of these books would be great reads while sipping a cool drink poolside. Here are the books, with links to the reviews I have written for them:
- Spring for Susannah by Catherine Richmond (read my review here) - Hundreds of miles from home, Susannah faces an uncertain future as a mail-order bride on the untamed Dakota prairie. When her parents die suddenly, and no suitors call, Susannah resigns herself to the only option available: becoming a mail-order bride. Agreeing to marry her pastor’s brother, Jesse, Susannah leaves the only home she’s ever known for the untamed frontier of the Dakota Territory.
- A Reluctant Queen by Joan Wolf (read my review here) - The beloved story of Esther springs to fresh life in this inspired novel that vibrates with mystery, intrigue and romance.
- The Fine Art of Insincerity by Angela Hunt (read my review here) - Three Southern sisters with nine marriages among them–and more looming on the horizon–travel to St. Simons Island to empty their late grandmother’s house. Ginger, the eldest, wonders if she’s the only one who hasn’t inherited what their family calls “the Grandma Gene”–the tendency to enjoy the casualness of courtship more than the intimacy of marriage. Could it be that her sisters are fated to serially marry, just like their seven-times-wed grandmother, Lillian Irene Harper Winslow Goldstein Carey James Bobrinski Gordon George?
- Courting Miss Amsel by Kim Vogel Sawyer (read my review here) - Edythe Amsel is delighted with her first teaching assignment: a one-room schoolhouse in Walnut Hill, Nebraska. Independent, headstrong, and a firm believer in a well-rounded education, she is ready to open the world to the students in this tiny community. Bus is Walnut Hill ready for her?
- Promises to Keep by Ann Tatlock (read my review here) - Eleven-year-old Roz (Rosalind) Anthony and her family have just moved to Mills River, Illinois, to escape an abusive situation. Only days after settling into their new home, they are surprised to find the previous owner, Tillie Monroe, on their front porch reading the newspaper. Though her sons have sold the house and sent her to a facility for the aged, she is determined to die in the place she lived her life and somehow manages to find her way “home” day after day. Feeling sympathy for the elderly woman, Roz’s mother allows Tillie to move back in.
Do you want a chance to win these books? Here’s how:
Follow I Give U Get Giveaways on Facebook
Follow I Give U Get Giveaways on Twitter
Follow Frugal Experiments on Facebook
Follow Frugal Experiments on Twitter
Subscribe to Frugal Experiments through RSS or email
Blog about this giveaway and leave a link
Please fill out this form to tell me what you have done to enter this giveaway:
This giveaway is open to those in the USA that are 18 years old or older, and ends on 7/14/2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST. The winner will be announced on 7/15/2011 on the blog and I will contact you by email for your mailing address. If the winner does not respond within 3 days, I will draw a new winner.
Be sure to visit all the other blogs participating in the Summer Blog Tour 2011 event, for a chance to win some of their summer-themed prizes!
This post may contain affiliate links. View the full disclosure policy for more information.