I am participating in the Biannual Blogathon Bash Challenge this weekend. I have made the commitment to work on ALL of my blogging to-dos for 24 hours over the 72 hour weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). Am I crazy? Probably, but since leaving this blog idle for most of 2012, I really, really need to get things done around here. So, after this weekend is over, I hope to be working ahead of schedule, not playing catch-up all the time! If you’re a blogger and need a kick in the pants to get your blogging to-do list DONE, then you ought to check out the challenge – there’s still time to join (and you can win prizes too – BONUS).
My action plan:
The challenge runs from 8 am Friday through midnight on Sunday this will be easily do-able if I plan to work 8 hours each day during the challenge (of course, things have changed drastically since I signed up for this challenge – I am working all day Friday, so will commit 4 hours tonight to the list and work 10 hours Saturday and 10 hours Sunday). I still need to work out how best to attack the huge mountain of blogging to-dos I need to get done. First things first is to prioritize all of these items, and then decide when I will work on what. I think it would be a great time to break out the pomodoro technique again, this will allow me to focus and take regular breaks throughout the 3 days, plus it just might kick start my concentration and focus again. I can use WorkRave while working on the computer and pomodroido on the smartphone when I am writing articles.
List of things I want to do during this 24 hour challenge:
- Weed out plugins that I am not using – add new ones that I’ve decided to use – DONE!!
- Catch up on all reviews/sponsored posts – write them up and get them scheduled to post – NEARLY DONE!!
- Re-vamp all policy/guidelines pages
- Put together a media kit and one sheet – IN PROCESS
- Back up the blog – DONE!!
- Write and schedule 4 frugal living posts
- Write and schedule all MPM posts for the month of February
- Write and schedule all 10 Days to a Frugal Valentines Day series of posts (2/1 – 2/10)
- Re-vamp the RBE program – DONE!!
- Re-do + add to the drop down main menu on the blog
- Work on a site map
- Get to inbox zero (in my blogging email) – NEARLY DONE!!
- Bring all blogging notes, ideas, resources, etc. in Evernote, OneNote, Planner, Journal and KeyNote NF into one consolidated notebook. DONE!!
- Make checklists listing the things I need to do after a post goes live on the blog – be sure to include separate ones for product reviews, book reviews and giveaway posts
- I would also like to try to participate in some of the mini-challenges during the challenge as well, if possible.
- Add email subscription box to sidebar – DONE!!
- Make a “start here” page
- Add subscription box to end of each post
- Make a services offered page
- Put up a sponsorship page
- Work on button and weekly link-up
- Go through all old posts to make all “material connection” links rel=”nofollow”
- Make a list of current memes/link-ups to join
- Re-research and write promotion sites that I can add giveaways to
- Add facebook like box, twitter follow button and google plus add to circle button to my sidebar. – DONE!!